Thursday, October 08, 2009

Please Pray for Children's Day

This Saturday, October 10, there will be somewhere between 400-500 children filling our Main Day Center to celebrate Children's Day.  Like our Mother's Day and Father's Day, Brazil has a holiday to celebrate children.  Restoration Ministries takes full advantage of this day with an annual party for the children they minister to year-round.  This year there will be great food and games, including a surf machine in the parking lot.  Also, it became apparent that I will be volunteered for every embarrassing thing until I learn Portuguese enough to know what exactly is going on in our staff meetings.  I am going to be playing the part of Sampson in the skit, and its going to be goofy, and I have to learn my lines in Portuguese of course.  Please be in prayer that through the fun, excitement and the laughter (at me playing the part of Sampson) that these children will feel the love of Christ and the Lord will speak to them through the Gospel presentation.

No comments:

 
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.